Sunday, March 15, 2020

Beans for Citrus

Who could have predicted the events of today? 
(Thursday, March 12, 2020- an announcement that all Sunday Church meetings are suspended due to a global pandemic)

I can’t even predict the events in my garden! I planted citrus, hoping for sweet, fresh fruit in a few months. I thought I had done well, but tonight I discovered the heavy, heavy rain today have left the citrus blossoms like a snowy blanket on the ground.

No blossoms, no fruit. My heart sank.

Then I discovered that a very old packet of seeds are still capable of sprouting.

God gives beauty for ashes. And beans for citrus, apparently.

It’s not my plan, it’s His.


Maybe I’ll learn to love beans more than tangelos. And Church at home. And beauty for ashes. 

Because He is the giver of all good gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment